The mission of Stichting (Foundation) Circle Economy is to support projects which either:
- advance the field of the circular economy by empowering individuals, advancing the knowledge available in the field, and/or creating useful outputs in the form of tools, methodologies, or programs that can be further used by the field of circular economy and sustainability; and or:
- advance the ability of circular economy practices, examples, innovations, etc. to be used in the public domain by citizens, governments, and the public at large.
The Foundation does not have any employees.
In 2019, Stichting Circle Economy received different gifts and donations from various foundations and funding organisations, including the Dutch Postcode Lottery, Adessium Foundation, and De Hoge Dennen. These funds were used to support the following projects:
- Circularity Gap Report, to improve our understanding on different levels of practical circular changes including recommendations to coordinate and guide global actions for implementing circularity, as well as outreach activities to engage and grow the circular economy community.
- Further development of the Circle Finance Programme to deliver ground breaking research into the barriers faced by financial institutions and circular businesses in transitioning to circularity and working with financial stakeholders to tackle key systemic barriers to change.
- Communities of Practice (CoP) on The Circular Service Platform', 'Tracking Value' and 'Product-as-a-Service Question Kit', a multi-stakeholders alliance bringing experts together to solve complex interdisciplinary challenges and explore new circular business models.
- Developing a coalition in close cooperation with the Nederlandse Beroepsorganisatie van Accountants (NBA) focusing on accounting issues blocking Circular Business Models. The coalition consists of business controllers, users of financial statements (e.g. financial institutions), auditors and academia.
- Strengthening the data, information and knowledge base and management of Circle Economy and working towards developing an internal information system to leverage efficiencies for data collection, analysis and insights generation. This is done through the coordination of a knowledge network for both content, frameworks, and data and transforming these two systems into digital products for circular changemakers globally.
- Developing and fine-tuning 'Circle Lab', an online open-access platform, which allows anyone to embark on a digital circular trajectory: learn, map out key opportunities and challenges, connect, engage, and ideate with each other, and finally model and implement circular strategies contributing to a collective and shared body of knowledge.
The Foundation (Stichting) is expected to receive gifts and donations from various sources, including:
- De Hoge Dennen
- Adessium Foundation
- and others
These funds will be used to support projects in the field of circularity that support the public good. When Stichting Circle Economy receives proposals for funding that are in line with our mission, proposals will be reviewed by the Stichting Board of Directors.
For more information regarding the internal controls and policies of Stichting Circle Economy, please refer to the attached document: Internal Regulations Stichting Circle Economy 2017.
Address: Keizersgracht 532 1017 EK Amsterdam
Chair: Sietze Hepkema
Secretary: Karin Jironet
Member: Robert-Jan van Ogtrop
Please find attached our most recent financial annual reports.