“Unlocking fashion’s true potential means reimagining the way we make, use and reuse
clothes. It demands innovation, showing the entire industry what’s possible and then
taking solutions that work to scale.” – C&A Foundation Annual Report
Circle Economy is delighted to announce a new partnership with Fashion for Good, the global initiative to make all fashion good. Through this partnership, Circle Economy and Fashion for Good will work together to encourage the widespread adoption and implementation of circular principles, strategies and technologies in the fashion industry.
Fashion for Good, an initiative launched with an initial grant by founding partner C&A Foundation, convenes brands, producers, retailers, suppliers, non-profit organisations, innovators and funders, united in their shared ambition to make all fashion good. By reimagining the way fashion is designed, made, used and reused, Fashion for Good focuses on sustainability and redesigning the global supply chain
Fashion for Good has six complementary programmes:
- Accelerator Programme: Fashion for Good works with Plug and Play, a leading Silicon Valley accelerator, to give promising start-up innovators the funding and expertise they need to grow.
- Scaling Programme: Fashion for Good finds innovations that have proof of concept and helps them scale by offering bespoke support and access to expertise, customers and capital.
- Apparel Acceleration Fund: IDH, The Sustainable Trade Initiative, is scoping a fund that aims to catalyse access to finance where this is required to shift at scale to more sustainable production methods.
- Good Fashion Guide: This open-source guide proves that Good Fashion is feasible today and shows brands how to embrace it. The online guide provides practical tips, a self-diagnostic tool and a step-by-step guide to production, based on lessons learned while creating the world’s first Cradle to Cradle CertifiedTM GOLD cotton t-shirt produced in Asia, at scale, at a value retailer price point.
- Launchpad exhibition of the Fashion for Good Experience: Fashion for Good has opened three floors to the public in its historic building in a first step to build a community around the ambition to make all fashion Good. With vibrant displays, thought-provoking messaging, and a call to action, the launchpad will inform and inspire its visitors to be part of this larger movement of Only Good Fashion. In 2018, the launchpad exhibition will evolve into a permanent Experience Centre.
- Circular Apparel Community: Fashion for Good has rented a historic building in the heart of Amsterdam (our first hub) in order to bring like-minded organisations and partners together, including the Sustainable Apparel Coalition (SAC), Zero Discharge of Hazardous Chemicals (ZDHC) and Made-By. This community will embrace collaboration to create change and build a vibrant eco-system of entrepreneurs and innovators in the name of circular fashion.
We look forward to the collaboration ahead!
Together with our strategic partners, we develop game-changing, circular solutions that have the potential to transform entire industries. Through this pioneering work, we develop practical insights, tools and frameworks, that open up new opportunities to scale up and accelerate the transition towards a circular economy.